20.4.11

Goodbye, Sarah-Jane
Terribly sad news this morning that Elisabeth Sladen, who played (Best Ever?) companion to the Doctor, Sarah-Jane Smith, has died of cancer at the age of 63. She leapt onto the screen from the first moment she appeared, crackling with charisma, warmth and energy; no other companion has matched her for sheer spunk.

It's something to be glad about that the producers of the new Doctor Who had the wisdom to bring her back so that a whole new generation of fans could get to know her.

Vale, Sarah-Jane...

1 comment:

  1. Quite a shock! I only found out this morning because I woke up way too early and couldn't get back to sleep. I went on-line and I turned on the radio.

    I'm glad she came back too; the latest generation wouldn't have had a clue about her.

    But to go so early! :-( And so soon after Diana Wynne Jones!

    ReplyDelete

0 comments