1.2.10



Schoolgirls

Alice presented herself, fully dressed, in the kitchen at 7.30, then took Evie off to her room to help her get dressed, too. This enthusiasm is unprecedented. I'm pretty sure it won't last. There was a (pedestrian) traffic jam outside our gate as all the parents and kids hurried along the street for the first day of school; I've never seen the schoolyard so crowded.

I didn't shed a tear, I swear; but I do feel a little wistful. Now it's Evie's turn to enter that big wide mysterious world without us; to begin the slow, certain process of leaving us behind.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Them school shoes look like serious bug crushers. Definitely boots made for walking. I'm sure Evie and Alice will make great strides in them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What big girls...I am thinking of Evie the tiny baby, I can hardly believe I knew her then.

    ReplyDelete

0 comments